- Kinerus at explore partnerships in
Chinafinance Phase 2 clinical trials of KIN001 and explore other business opportunities
- Mmultiple opportunities for KIN001 in high unmet need indications are good-matchD to Chinese market
“Kinarus is ready to initiate Phase 2 trials in wAMD and IPF, and is currently conducting a Phase 2 trial of KIN001 in outpatient Covid-19 patients aimed at reducing symptom severity and duration. We look forward to working closely with GHCG as we seek to accelerate the clinical development of KIN001 and maximize the value and opportunities it represents. »
Kinerus Clinical programs:
- KIN001-AMD Phase 2 trial – KIN001 is being developed as an add-on oral therapy to current anti-VEGF drugs with the aim of extending the treatment interval between ocular injections. Kinarus has received regulatory approval to conduct a Phase 2 clinical study in
- KIN001–REITs Phase 2 trial – IPF is a devastating disease with high morbidity and mortality and significant unmet need. KIN001 targets multiple mechanisms underlying disease progression, reducing irreversible fibrosis and loss of respiratory capacity. Protocol development is complete and regulatory submissions are expected once the AMD trial is launched.
- KINFAST Phase 2 trial in Covid-19 – KIN001 targets several of the underlying mechanisms of acute and long Covid. Recent research has shown that the SARS-CoV-2 virus hijacks the p38 MAPK pathway for its replication in infected cells. Kinarus, as well as collaborators from
Institute of Virology, Friedrich-Alexander-University, Germany, found that KIN001 is active against SARS-CoV-2 and its variants of concern. KIN001 also has anti-inflammatory and anti-fibrotic activity. The KINFAST Phase 2 trial is currently actively recruiting patients in Swissand Germany. We expect interim results in 2023.
KIN001 is a patented combination of two active pharmaceutical ingredients (API): pamapimod and pioglitazone. Pamapimod is a clinical-stage, highly selective small molecule inhibitor of the p38 MAP kinase signaling pathway. Kinarus has obtained an exclusive worldwide license from Roche for the development of pamapimod in all therapeutic indications. p38 MAPK inhibitors have been widely considered to have blockbuster potential, with several compounds being evaluated in mid-stage clinical trials. Most efforts were abandoned after it was found that the initial therapeutic benefit of p38 MAPK inhibition diminished over time due to compensatory mechanisms that blocked its beneficial effects.
Kinarus discovered a potential way to overcome this limitation. Kinarus found that the combination of pamapimod with pioglitazone, a safe and well-tolerated marketed drug for the treatment of type 2 diabetes, leads to synergistic efficacy and increased duration of action in preclinical models of wAMD, IPF and other autoimmune/inflammatory indications. The KIN001 drug combination thus revives the important therapeutic potential of p38 MAPK inhibition. KIN001 enjoys extensive patent protection in the US, EU,
|Kinerus Therapeutic Holding SA
+41 61 633 29 71
|Investors & Media
+41 79 367 6254
THIS PRESS RELEASE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN OFFER TO SELL OR AN INVITATION TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL TO ACQUIRE SECURITIES OF KINARUS THERAPEUTICS HOLDING AG. THIS PRESS RELEASE IS NOT INTENDED FOR RELEASE, PUBLICATION OR DISTRIBUTION, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, IN ANY JURISDICTION WHERE IT IS ILLEGAL FOR DISTRIBUTION.
2022 GlobeNewswire, Inc., source