Ten Days on the Island (Ten Days) was established by the Government of Tasmania in 2000 to develop and run a statewide cultural festival of national significance which provides Lutruwita/Tasmanian artists and businesses with the opportunity to showcase their works to a wider audience, access for Lutruwita Tasmanian audiences to the highest quality national and international artists and companies, and help build the professional arts infrastructure of Lutruwita/Tasmania.
The biennial festival celebrates the island culture of Lutruwita/Tasmania and provides a platform on which to profile and promote Tasmania’s innovative, creative and resourceful character and unique cultural identity.
Ten Days brings international recognition to lutruwita/Tasmania and demonstrates how the arts can positively influence a community’s perception of itself and the image it projects to the world.
The next Festival will take place from March 3 to 19, 2023.
Contract length : Determined time. Full time from April 2022 to May 2023
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the CEO, the Partnerships and Marketing Manager is responsible for building relationships with corporate partners, sponsors and donors, developing effective communications for all stakeholders in the organization to raise the profile of the organization. organization and the Festival, to secure resources and new audiences. , and help facilitate the delivery and growth of the Festival.
The Head of Partnerships and Marketing:
- work with the CEO and the Festival team to strengthen established relationships and develop new relationships with corporate partners, sponsors and donors;
- plan, implement and execute marketing, communications and ticketing strategies and activities;
- manage budgets for Partnerships, Marketing, Communications and Ticketing activities; and
- connect with stakeholders and the public to broaden the support base of the Festival.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Partnerships and Marketing Manager is responsible and accountable for:
- draft and implement strategy and action plans for partnerships and grants in line with agreed objectives
- draft and implement the strategy and action plans for audience attendance and ticket sales in line with agreed targets
- write and deliver marketing and communications strategies and tactical plans for the 2023 Ten Days on the Island festival
- in consultation with the Artistic Director and CEO, develop campaigns to maximize the appeal of the festival and its individual program elements
- develop, manage and report regularly to the CEO on partnerships, marketing, ticketing and communications budgets
- maintain accurate and timely financial and performance records necessary to meet organizational, stakeholder, board, funding agency and audit requirements
- lead and manage the performance of the partnerships, marketing, communications and ticketing team (including employees and contractors) to ensure strategies and budgets are fully executed
- contribute to a dynamic, energetic, collaborative and performance-oriented work culture and ensure effective and productive relationships with the departments of programming and operations, and finance and administration
- ensure that members of the partnerships, marketing, ticketing and communications team have easy access to the information and reports necessary to carry out their responsibilities.
- This position is based at Ten Days Headquarters in Pataway/Burnie, Lutruwita/Tasmania.
- This position is a full-time CDD. From April 2022 to May 2023
- The successful candidate will be appointed to a full-time contract with compensation and terms to be negotiated
- The contract is inspired by and supports the employment policies of Ten Days
- A well-established professional profile in marketing and communications, able to represent Ten Days in a wide range of stakeholder environments
- Demonstrated track record and success in building long-term relationships with corporations, businesses and individual donors and securing financial support from non-governmental sources
- High-level knowledge of brand strategy and event marketing, including brand positioning and management, campaign design and delivery, advertising, ticketing and corporate communications, and the arts market performing and visual arts
- Proven ability to develop and implement marketing and communications strategies relevant to Ten Days goals and aspirations to enhance the reputation and success of Ten Days as a major event
- High-level understanding and demonstrated experience in developing and applying contemporary marketing strategies and practices, particularly in a digital and social media context
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial and communication skills
- High level knowledge of database development and maintenance
- At least five years of experience in a similar or related role
- Degree in a relevant discipline (desirable)
- Comfortable representing Ten Days in all environments and able to inspire and nurture stakeholders and colleagues
- Understands stakeholder needs and expectations, easily builds rapport and engagement, and maintains excellent relationships with service providers and stakeholders
- Easily adjusts and adapts to changing circumstances
- Builds trust and engagement in others
- Some references to managing a team that may not be collocated
HOW TO REGISTER
Visit tendays.com.au to download the full job description and selection criteria.
Please answer the selection criteria as succinctly as possible, giving recent examples to illustrate your experience.
Email your response to the selection criteria, your current CV and a brief cover letter to [email protected]
Please write HEAD OF PARTNERSHIPS & MARKETING in the subject line of your email.
Nominations must be received by 9 a.m. Monday, February 21, 2022.