TITLE: Private Sector Partnerships Manager – West Africa
LOCATION: Any country where SCI has a WCA program
TO NOTE: National 3
THE DURATION OF THE CONTRACT: 18 months, possibility of extension depending on experience
CHILD PROTECTION :
Level 3: the job holder will have contact with children and/or young people That is frequently (eg once a week or more) or intensively (eg four days in a month or more or overnight) because they work on national programs; or visit country programmes; or because they are responsible for implementing the police vetting/vetting process personnel.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Private Sector Partnerships Manager – including philanthropy as well as corporate – is an exciting new role at Save the Children West Central Africa Regional Office, where you will be responsible for advancing, with strategic thinking, the development relations between West African donor partners and local donors (companies and wealthy individuals). You will work closely with Save the Children UK’s core philanthropy team, West Africa regional office and country offices in West Africa to develop a creative and high quality culture, generate new business and manage high-value relationships with an aspiration to get five- and six-figure freebies.
He/She will actively engage with our most valued supporters (from children to local organisations), gaining support and building lasting relationships of value; generate significant revenue for Save the Children’s top priorities and ultimately transform the lives of millions of children around the world. We are looking for someone with experience working/living in Africa who is passionate and excited about growing African philanthropy and powering effective change at the grassroots level.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the job holder will be required to work outside of the normal role profile and be able to modify working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Resource Mobilization Manager
Staff reporting to this position: N / A
Key Working Relationships: Africa Philanthropy Initiative is Save the Children UK and other member philanthropy teams, country offices, technical/operations experts and other stakeholders needed to establish and execute a strong partnership relationship.
Annual level salary: 18,000,000 XOF – 22,000,000 XOF (Offer will be based on experience/internal equity and financial capacity).
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Work with country offices across West Africa to advance existing opportunities, develop proposals and ideas for new activities, building on local trends in philanthropy.
- Work alongside the regional office to advance their strategic corporate/philanthropy aspirations and implement new directly funded funding models.
- Seek networking opportunities and attend internal and external events, to increase visibility of Save the Children Africa Philanthropy Initiative.
- Develop and implement strategic, culturally relevant, creative and bespoke donor plans to engage and manage donors in West Africa, in close collaboration with the Head of African Philanthropy.
- Help grow the Save the Children brand in West Africa and work strategically with the Regional Office and Country Offices to develop strong partnerships that can contribute to transformational programming using donor expertise and funding of the region.
- Manage and implement activities in three markets – Senegal, Ivory Coast and Nigeria, in close partnership with the regional office, such as new approaches to fundraising, international program visits, appeals emergency and culture and stewardship events.
- Support the effective and joint mobilization of strategic resources for Category 1 and 2 emergencies.
Experience developing and coordinating proposals required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Ability to plan, prioritize and manage a varied and demanding workload to meet deadlines
- Experience in building and managing relationships with high-level stakeholders, whether in the charitable or private sector.
- Experience working with emerging markets, preferably in Africa
- Proven track record in finding and cultivating new business opportunities.
- Computer literacy: Ability to perform word processing and to access and update databases. Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills, especially with high value supporters
- Fluency in spoken French is desirable
- Experience soliciting 6 figure gifts from high net worth individuals or other transferable experience securing new business in a commercial environment.
- Good knowledge of trends in African philanthropy.
- Related graduate degree
- Lived and professional experience in West Africa
How to register
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS42MTc4NC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20