QatarEnergy will have a series of global partnerships with Eni: Al-Kaabi

QatarEnergy will have a series of partnerships with Eni, which include upstream exploration projects in a number of locations around the world as it expands its international footprint, said H.E. Minister of State for Energy Affairs Saad bin Sherida al-Kaabi.
“Our collaboration also covers LNG deliveries via the Fluxys LNG terminal in Zeebrugge in Belgium,” he said at a media event at QatarEnergy headquarters on Sunday.
“However, this partnership agreement is different. This is Eni’s first entry into the upstream sector of the State of Qatar. And I take particular pleasure in welcoming them as a new member of the Qatar LNG family,” he said.
QatarEnergy yesterday selected Eni as a partner in the North Field East (NFE) expansion project, the largest project in the history of the LNG industry.
The announcement marks the second partnership in the $28.75 billion NFE mega project, which will increase Qatar’s LNG production capacity from 77 million tonnes per year to 110 million tonnes per year.
Al-Kaabi welcomed Claudio Descalzi, CEO of Eni, to the event where the Italian oil and gas multinational was announced as a partner in the “unique and strategic” North Field East (NFE) expansion project.
“I would like to thank Mr. Descalzi for Eni’s participation in this competitive process and congratulate him on signing this agreement, which will significantly strengthen our mutual cooperation for decades to come,” al-Kaabi said.
Under the agreement, QatarEnergy and Eni will become partners in a new joint venture (JV), in which QatarEnergy will hold a 75% stake while Eni will hold the remaining 25%.
The joint venture will in turn own 12.5% ​​of the entire NFE project, whose four mega LNG trains have a combined design capacity of 32 million tonnes per year.